Well...Steven is officially on his way! Due to some excessive swelling (think bag lady feet), an ungodly amount of weight gained (it's gonna be a challenge to take off, but I'm up for it), and a Dr. who goes on vacation September 1st, I am going into the hospital to be induced this week. I go in on Monday evening for some cervidil to help ripen (that's a gross word in this context, isn't it?) my cervix which seems to be "unfavorable" right now--I haven't progressed past being 70% effaced in 3 weeks. On Tuesday morning, they will start the Petocin if I haven't gone into labor on my own. If the Petocin doesn't work, the Dr. warned me that a c-section might be in my future. I really don't want one, but if that is the safest way for me to bring my baby into this world, I will do what is best for him! I can't wait to meet him, although I am a little anxious about this whole process...Labor and Delivery terrify me, to be honest, but I think the joy of meeting my son will outweigh any apprehension I might have going in.
Can't wait to meet him!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Tick Tock
Posted by sscott at 4:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment